A huge thank you to everyone who got behind the Bake for Bloodwise week, (18 – 24 September), to date we have raised over £2,500! The money raised will help to fund pioneering research and patient support.
It is highly likely that more donations will be received in the next few weeks, so keep an eye out for the final fundraising figure which will be posted on Connect at the end of October.
It has been wonderful to see and hear that both colleagues and donors enjoyed the event. Emma-Kate Chawishly – Senior Clinical Audit Facilitator from Colindale really captured the spirit of the event: “Everyone really came together for this campaign. Some amazing home baking was brought in, along with store bought items. Staff donated generously – whether they took a treat or not.”
If you held an event but haven’t yet sent in the money raised please follow the steps below:
• All donations from the collection tin will need to be handed to your Charity Champions (static centres) or your Senior Sister if you are part of a mobile team. All money must go through your champion so we can keep track of how much money is raised.
• These champions will then collate all donations and place all the donations in the Bloodwise envelope that was enclosed within the fundraising pack. We’d ask if you are sending change, please find a secure envelope with bubble wrap, otherwise please send in the whole collection tin in the enclosed envelope.
• Please label the envelope with the following return address: Pay Support, Newcastle, Holland Dr, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4NQ. Please do not return direct to Bloodwise!
• Please ensure that the package is included on your session delivery note under ‘Assets for Transport/Post’
• Add your team/ centre name, Bake for Bloodwise and amount enclosed to the envelope then hand this over to the next transport driver who should label and scan it. Even better, put one of the Bloodwise stickers on the envelope so that it is easily identifiable.
• We will collect all the money centrally and send this over to Bloodwise in October.
Please remember to send in photos of your Bake for Bloodwise event with the amount raised to Connect@nhsbt.nhs.uk and we will feature your pics in our gallery.